Kate Hudson kicked off a tour for her new book, Pretty Happy, at Barnes and Nobel in New York City on Tuesday evening. I happened to get a third row spot during the Q&A sesh and the opportunity to meet her after. While the event confirmed some things I already knew (She’s just as gorgeous, energetic, and lovable in person as you’d imagine!), I also learned some new tidbits:
1. Kate wrote Pretty Happy because 1) everyone kept asking her, “How do you do it?!” and 2) She wanted to set the record straight after her statements about diet and fitness were twisted in magazine interviews. No, she doesn’t eat 100% vegan and workout for two hours every single day of the year. She’s actually human! She does stay mindful of living a healthy lifestyle though which she learned from her momma, Goldie Hawn. Check out Pretty Happy to learn more.
2. Kate’s favorite New York City restaurants are Frankies (Brooklyn), Soba-ya (East Village), Shuko, The Spotted Pig (West Village), Bar Pitti (West Village), and Mario Batali’s Babbo Ristorante (Greenwich Village).
3. To Kate, “happiness” means living an authentic, relentlessly truthful life…without being rude to others.
4. Her favorite travel destinations are Europe (especially Greece), Tokyo, and Bali. Colorado’s mountains also hold a special place in her heart since she grew up there.
5. She balances alcohol and a healthy lifestyle by being responsible and disciplined. She admitted to fakin’ it sometimes since it’s nice to not wake up to a hangover after a night out. If she is drinking, Kate’s drinks of choice are straight tequila or vodka because they are low in calories.
6. She’s obsessed with Instagram and Snapchat. Well, this was more of an observation. :o)
7. She believes change is the only constant in life.
8. 2016 is going to be a “Year of Action” for Kate. This year she wants to work on everything she dreamed up in 2015. I love that!
Check out the rest of the tour’s dates for your chance to meet Kate!
Stay fit and fabulous,
If you enjoy what you read, check out my social media pages (links in the top right corner) for more adventures!