I officially completed the Tone It Up Bikini Series last week! I’m proud of myself for finishing an entire challenge and that I ran just over #150bysummer (barely!), but I’m more excited for all that I learned and experienced these last eight weeks which I wanted to share below:
- While I still believe the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan is worth the money since subscribers receive a lifetime of workouts, recipes, and tips, the complete recipes (with all the ingredients) were too expensive for the grocery shopping budget of this New Yorker. Instead, I used it more as inspiration. Modify your fitness and nutrition programs to fit your needs!
- My teeth now have translucent spots on them which I believe are somehow due to the healthy (but more restricted) eating plan. I’m visiting the dentist next week to figure out the cause and a solution. I figured it might be calcium since I rarely ate dairy products, but spinach is full of calcium. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
- My weight stayed exactly the same throughout the entire 8 weeks…even while on vacation.
- Having said that, I did notice drastic changes in how my stomach looked (no bloating!) once I started drinking Shakeology for one meal a day.
- I find it best if I schedule my workouts in my day planner. If I have plans in the evening then I will schedule a sweat sesh in the morning.
- Waking up at 6AM is tough…especially on Mondays. I enjoy getting that extra hour of each day though, so I will continue to try to make this a habit.
- More power to anyone that can “check-in” via social media for all five meals and their daily workouts. I started off strong in the beginning, but honestly I’m not a fan of all those pictures and posts surprisingly. I think I’m craving a much needed digital detox – post on what exactly that entails coming to the blog soon!
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin and Thrive by Arianna Huffington are the perfect compliments for any type of lifestyle change or fitness challenge.
- Accountability is key. While I wasn’t a fan of accountability via social media, it was wonderful having my coworkers and boyfriend hold me accountable throughout this Spring challenge. I could not have done it without them.
- I’m probably most proud of the fact that I didn’t eat a single piece of candy from my office’s candy dish. That thing has been filled with Swedish Fish, Snickers, and more of my favorite candies for the past two months, but I resisted. Bam!
- I just gotta eat what I want sometimes! Life is too short to feel guilty about food all of the time. As long as I’m finding a balance, I can afford to live a little. For example, my cousin came into town from California a couple weeks ago. I couldn’t take the poor guy to get salads for lunch, could I? I had to give him a taste of Shake Shake – some of New York’s most delicious burgers, fries, and shakes! To balance it out, I had some Shakeology for dinner that evening.
- Because of this 8-week challenge, I will continue to make smarter choices when it comes to food and I’ll put in more of an effort to get my daily workouts in.
For anyone interested, the Tone It Up community is planning to keep the momentum going by doing the 8-week Bikini Series challenge again starting today, Monday, June 8th. It’s never to late to start, and you never know what you could learn about yourself along the way!
Stay fit and fabulous,