Can you believe it’s already September? I’ve always loved this month because it kicks off the beginning of fall, my favorite season. I have so many fun things planned for fall this year, and it all starts now! This month I’ll be participating in the following activities:
Photo Shoot with friends
…and lots of birthdays!
Thankfully, 2013 has been amazing so far, and I cannot wait to see how the last four months will turn out. I haven’t published a monthly goals post in ages, so I thought this would be a great time to start since the year is coming to a close. I’ll update you on my progress in October.
1. Organize a wiffle ball/kickball game. I want to put together an early evening game with my co-workers before it starts getting dark
and depressing at 4pm.
2. Plan a budget for the month. I’ve been spending a lot this summer, so I hope fall brings more saving and less spending. To help me out, I’ve put together a little “budget” on Excel, so I can see where I’m wasting money. I did this earlier in the year, and it really seemed to help me save.
3. Write out a half marathon training plan. Unfortunately, I don’t have any long distance races planned for fall. With that being said, it’s never too early to start training. I want to put together a training program that will help me prepare for the 2014 Princess Half Marathon and the Disney Enchanted 10K the morning before the half. I’d love to break 2 hours which I know I can do (maybe not at such a fun event though), so we’ll see how it goes!
4. Hike Sleeping Giant. This was on my fall bucket list last year, but I never got around to it before Hurricane Sandy hit. This year I plan to hike it in September and hopefully still be able to see some fall foliage!
5. Mark something off my bucket list.
6. Finish Dexter. I’m currently on Season 7, and I hear the 8th and final season is almost over. This show is so addicting that I’m not sure what I will do once it’s over, but I’ve really enjoyed it!
7. Have all belongings unpacked and organized. I moved 2 months ago. Enough said.
8. Sneak in one final day at the beach. September is that awkward month where fall is approaching and summer is dwindling away. While I’m excited for fall, I still want to celebrate the end of summer with one last trip to the beach.
9. Read a book! It’s really sad that reading “a” book is on my to-do list this month, but I haven’t had any time to read since before I can remember. I can’t wait to sink into a new story or series.
10. Blog three times a week! While I’d love to have this goal say “five times a week”, I just don’t think that’s realistic for me at the moment. I will definitely be aiming for five posts a week as much as possible.
What are your goals for the month of September? Any money saving tips for me? Or book suggestions? Let me know in the comments below!
Stay fit and fabulous,