Murphy’s Law was in full effect ever since Donna and I stepped off of the airplane in Miami Thursday evening. While the weekend was good overall, it was filled with lots of ups and downs. Here is my pros and cons list for Miami 2012:
1. We discovered that our conference wasn’t exactly what we expected – including the absence of keynote speaker Kelly Cutrone (the reason we signed on to attend the conference in the first place!).
2. During our run on Friday, we got lovely sunburns that look like baby bibs on our chests.
3. I packed my new jumper from the Kardashian Kollection – only to discover that it still had the security tag on it! I was bummed I couldn’t wear it out in Miami, and I’m even more annoyed that I have to go back to the mall in White Plains, NY to get it removed.
4. Friday night we ended up at LIV. I’ve never heard of this club, but supposedly it’s kind of a big deal in Miami. I wasn’t too impressed. I’ve decided that clubs are like chicken fingers – they always seem like a good idea in theory, but I never end up truly enjoying them. I’d prefer a chill bar with good music any day!
5. We planned to make Sunday an active day – including a 4 hour bike ride plus a 7 mile run. We got about 30 minutes into our bike ride before it started storming like crazy. Talk about a major bummer…especially on our final day of vacation!
6. I was looking forward to the Emmy’s since forever! Donna and I had a plan to watch the Emmy’s red carpet all week. Then we discovered that our hotel didn’t have E!… #thehorror
1. Thankfully, we received a refund from Women In PR for the conference!
2. The breakfast buffet at Eden Roc’s 1500* restaurant was amazing – a meat station, an omelet station, an oatmeal bar, donuts, croissants, toast, bagels, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. It was heaven for anyone that loves breakfast as much as I do.
3. On Friday, Donna and I rocked a 5 mile run around South Beach! We are both training for the Walt Disney World Marathon in January.
4. I recommend eating dinner at Gothem Steak at the Fountainebleau if you are ever in Miami. It was our favorite meal of the trip. We shared mushroom risotto, filet mignon, truffle fries, and grilled asparagus. We followed all that up with some chocolate cake!
5. Saturday it rained, so we rented Rock of Ages in the hotel room. The music was spectacular! The movie, on the other hand, wasn’t horrible, but I don’t need to ever see it again. I would love to see the Broadway play though – I hear it’s amazing.
6. Riding bikes (even for just 2 miles) was so fun! I want a pink bicycle with a bell, basket, and a dog carrier now for Christmas. It will help me prepare for the 5 Boro Bike Ride in May, no?
7. The Kardashians were at our hotel filming Kourtney and Kim Take Miami! Donna and I adventured up to the penthouse in search of the conference and walked onto the set! The hotel was buzzing about the Kardashians walking around. Whenever anyone would ask me if I’d seen them yet, I would just answer “Oh, I met them last week in New York.” No big deal ;o)
I’ve decided that I don’t think Miami is really my kind of place. I like clothes, seasons, and wearing sunscreen. I’m sure I’ll return someday, but I’ve had my Miami fix for now. Have you ever been to Miami, FL? What was your favorite thing to do/experience? Let me know in the comments below.
Stay fit and fabulous,